Archive for the ‘Genealogy Fun!’ Category
Hi Everyone! It’s Saturday Night and time for a little Genealogy Fun from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings! (I think Randy forgot to cue the Mission Impossible Music tonight, so if you miss it, go ahead and cue it up!)
Did you ever wonder what celebrities you looked like?
No? Well, me either, but if you’ve been dying to know, Randy’s found a software app that can answer that question!
Check it out below!
It’s Saturday Night again – are you ready for some Genealogy Fun?
Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to find which celebrities that have the same facial features that you (or someone else you choose) have. Here are the directions:
3) Upload a photograph with your face (or another person’s face) to the site (the face must be at least 100 x 100 pixels) and click on the “Run face recognition” button.
4) Select a collage template, and the faces (up to 8) to go into the collage template. Click on “Next” and “Preview” your template, which should bring up the template for you to review. You could click on “Save” and it would go off to your selected social networking site.
5) Figure out how to show your collage on your blog or social network site (I have my own process defined below).
6) Tell us which celebrities that you (or your selected person) look alike – write your own blog post, make a comment to this post or on Facebook.
7) Think about how you could use something like this as a Christmas gift.
I don’t know who many of these folks are, but am honored to be compared with Jacqueline Bisset and Olivia de Haviland.
I keep looking at the guys and decided that the software picked up on three things, my smile, my glasses, and my chubby cheeks!
O.K., so when you can stop laughing, go to My Heritage and download your software and find your celebrity look-alikes!
These past few days a really nice award has been circling among the Genealogy Bloggers! I don’t know who started the “tag you’re it” award that allows each of us to pick our seven favorite blogs to receive it, but I’m certainly grateful to be nominated three times! Thank you!
I received this Kreativ Blogger award from three of my favorite bloggers to read:
Thomas McAtee from Geneabloggers,
Louise Bernero of Our Twigs Blog,
and Jenna from Desperately Seeking Surnames
I just want to say Thank You all very much!
I appreciate your recognition and encouragement, and this means a lot to me!
Here are the rules for this award:
1. List seven things about yourself that others do not know
2. Copy the award to your site
3. Link to the person from whom you received the award
4. Nominate 7 other bloggers.
5. Link to those sites on your blog.
6. Leave a message on the blogs you nominate.
There’s only one thing I can think of that most people don’t know about me. It’s silly ( it really is, but it’s the truth).
For the other six things, well, I’m pretty sure those aren’t a secret to those who know me best….
1. The one thing I think no one knows, not even my family, so you’re the first to hear this… I’m honestly still scared of the dark… Maybe it’s the murder mysteries I read, but I’m just pretty sure the boogeyman is out there somewhere, and who knows, maybe Big Foot really does exist, and maybe the government really was hiding Space Aliens in Area 51. So, ask me to run outside after dark, haul out the trash, or go out to feed the dog, well, I can and I will, but it’s really outside my comfort zone. And I live in a pretty quiet neighborhood.
2. I’d rather read than clean house or wash dishes. (this would come as no surprise to anyone in my family!) I love murder mysteries, historical fiction, some romantic historical fiction, all the “Mitford Series” books by Jan Karon, and anything by Max Lucado.
3. O.K., so this is no secret to anyone, either. I love the puzzle-solving, gotta-find-the-next-family-fact, break-down-that-brick-wall, collect ‘dead relatives,’ build the family tree, and record our family history stories that makes up my family history fun.
4. I love garage sales! (Going to them, not having them) Which means I bring home more stuff than I get rid of. Which means I’m a pack rat. (it’s genetic, my mom is a pack rat, too, but a much more organized one than I am…)
5. I love to take photos. And I’d love to learn how to Photoshop them.
6. I’m a sucker for a cat with a sweet face and a hungry sounding meow. That’s probably why we’ve had two extra cats on our porch for the last year. Sinbad, the black and white ‘tuxedo’ cat that has everyone from the mail lady to the UPS guy stopping to pet him, and Boo, a beautiful long-haired Siamese type that has a ‘rusty’ meow.
7. I cry E-v-e-r-y time I watch “A League of Their Own”, even if we just watched it. It gets down to the last scene, the reunion scene, and I’m grabbing for the Kleenex box…
There are so many great Blogs, and so many new ones! Thanks to all who inspire me, and here are my Seven Blog Awards!
It was such fun to be awarded, and to be given the opportunity to leave an award for others! But it was difficult to just pick seven, there are so many wonderful blogs to choose from!